The Trouble with Content

7:19:00 pm

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog and I thought I'd touch on why. It's not anything dramatic and stirring like I've had some personal battle. I've just been struggling to come up with content. I'm struggling with inspiration.

We live in a world that is saturated in articles and blog posts, Youtube videos and online personalities. I can sometimes be difficult to stand out. Even to create something that doesn't feel like it has been done to death. I like blogging and I like writing posts and taking photos and sharing those with the world. I only wish I had more time to create.

Time is part of the problem for me. I can't afford to blog as my job, not with student debt and future plans and dreams. Money isn't everything but it definitely isn't something you can live without either. I'm a creative soul and writing, dreaming, imagining are all parts of myself I want to continuously explore. I long to create something with meaning and substance.

In the blogging world, posts are relegated into categories, as are the blogs themselves. I'm not a fashionista, or an expert with make-up so beauty-blogging, although fun to do occasionally, would feel false if I did it all the time. I have so many ideas for photo-shoots but I don't have the skills with a camera myself. I don't have a baby or any intense cooking skills, so lifestyle blogging is out too. What I do have is a busy mind and an eclectic personality. So that is what you are going to see here from now on.

I am rededicating myself to my blog, in the hopes that exploring my creativity more will help me lead a more fulfilling life. Less "all about the 9-5" and more "do what you love". It will be a hodge-podge here, but that's okay. That's life.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe