Blazing into Fall

7:46:00 pm

Even though it's still August and even though I've been loving this super warm summer we've been having here in Canada, I'm very excited for fall. And to celebrate that excitement, I did something I've been wanting to for a while. I coloured my hair RED!  


Now, I'm not a newbie to red as a hair colour. It was one of my favourite shades to rock in high school, though I definitely leaned towards the more crazy vibrant shades. Not that my current colour isn't super bright in the sun...


It is definitely more of a calmer shade of red than I've been before. I'd be lying if I said the change doesn't phase me. It's weird to look in the mirror now. I have been changing my hair colour with alarming frequency since I was fourteen but for the past year and a half I've had blonde/ombre blonde hair. That year and a half or the same colour has been the longest break my hair has had in years. So of course I had to end the streak with something drastic!


I got it done at Xcentric hair salon. I would absolutely recommend going to a salon for any big hair changes, especially if you are going blonde or red. Too many things can go wrong if you do it on your own. Also know that you may need more than one appointment to get the exact shade you want. I was lucky that my stylist could go mine in one go.


The coolest part about this red is how much it changes things. I look like a completely different person sometimes. The colour also shifts depending on the light. Outside, it is super red but in the shade or inside it ends up a nice auburn, with more brown undertones. I also have to pick my clothes a little bit differently. There are certain colours I can no longer wear and have them look as nice. It's been a great change and I am excited to see how it wears and fades the longer I have it.  


Also, whoever said you can't wear a red lip with red hair, obviously has never tried it! ;) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe