A Cottage Love Letter

10:46:00 pm

My boyfriend's family has a cottage that is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the privilege of visiting. 


I still remember my first trip to the cottage. It was the longest drive of my life, endless traffic on the 401, and we arrived at 11 pm, way after dark. I didn't know it at the time, but evening is the best time to come to the cottage. You can only get to the cottage by boating across the lake. Traveling under the stars, feeling the breeze on your face; for me it felt like I was going to Hogwarts. 


I'm such a fish, so being surrounded by so much water is amazing. In the summer it is heaven to dive right in while the sun is roasting you. The lake is gorgeous and surrounded by beautiful forests and crown land. The best days are when you jump in the boat and motor around the lake, feeling the wind and the spray in your face. 


Whenever we are up at the cottage, it is always puppy central. Our families are big dog people as are all our friends, so whenever Rhys and his family invites big groups up to the cottage, you know that you are going to be overwhelmed by big, hairy, wet, excited puppy dogs. It is always a mess of wet paws, tennis balls, chewed up sticks, and lots of rowdy barking. 


 Being at the cottage is definitely a happy place. It's somewhere you can go, curl up with a great book when the weather is bad, run and splash and play when the sun is high. It is a place where you are surrounded by nature and love. It's a place I hope to always be able to go. It's a place that everyone is sad to say goodbye to.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe