Autumnal Love

2:45:00 pm


Autumn is my favourite season, which seems strange if you know me because this is when the days start to get cold and there is nothing more I hate in this world than being cold. Yet, autumn remains my favourite season. I think this is because, despite the fact that everything is dying, the world looks so alive. The trees are on fire, the air is so crisp it wakes you up, and everything smells old (but in a nice, old bookstore sort of way). Fall is the season where you want to bundle up, put on a scarf, and some fuzzy socks, and curl up with a book in front of a fireplace (anyone who has a fire place, hook a girl up).

Some might argue that you can get the same feeling in winter but I disagree. In the fall, wanting to bundle up and be somewhere warm and cozy is a choice. In winter, especially in Canada, it is a necessity. You can’t just wear a scarf to be cute. You wear it to save your neck and face from frostbite. That doesn’t inspire the same comfy, warm feelings. Autumn is also the season of the PSL (or pumpkin spiced everything for you non-white girls). Now I am not a fan of anything Pumpkin spice despite being whiter than most normal humans should be but cool fall days make me long for hot chocolates with whipped cream or peppermint tea.  

My favourite month (I’m a big fan of favourites) is October, which is when autumn is in its prime. Everything is orange, red, and crispy. Just breathing in the air is nicer. In summer there is the overwhelming heat and in spring the air is almost too wet. I don’t even want to talk about the deadly winter air. October also has some great holidays. Thanksgiving with all its delicious food and fond times with family, and Halloween with the costumes, candy, and creepiness.  

Autumn is to me, a time where I am always happy, always inspired, and always feel the love in the world. I hope you all feel the same. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe