National Novel Writing Month

4:45:00 pm

I've just signed up for this year’s National Novel Writing Month. If you haven’t heard of NaNoWriMo as it is often referred to, it is a contest/personal goal of sorts where you challenge yourself to write 50,000 words in a month, from November 1st to November 30th. I’ve heard of people doing this for a few years now but have always shied away from trying it. No more! It can seem a little daunting but I’m sure I can write 1666 words a day.

I think I know what story I will be writing. My challenge is, will I actually finish and complete the story in the allotted time. My stories tend to be longer than the standard so actually getting to the end of the plot in one month would be a huge victory for me.

Near the end of the month, you can submit the full version of your story to collect your “win”. What they mean by win, is that you can feel accomplished because you have met your goal. There are prizes that are awarded as well, but the main goal is to finish your novel and feel great! Some participants have gone on to have their works published. The books "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern and "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen were both NaNoWriMo winners. 

If you would like to take part in the creating process, the link to the website is right here! 

I'm super nervous about participating but still very, VERY excited. Good luck to everyone joining in and may the writing begin!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe